Island Explorer Holidays
- What Personal Information does Island Explorer Holidays collect?
- How is Personal Information used?
- Will Personal Information be given to anyone else?
3.1 Disclosures required by law
3.2 Other disclosures
3.3 Access and correction
- Is Personal Information stored safely?
- Online privacy
- Contacting Island Explorer Holidays
Island Explorer Holidays understands that privacy is important to you.
1. What Personal Information does Island Explorer Holidays collect?
Island Explorer Holidays operates as travel wholesaler to the Cocos and Christmas Islands.
We collect the following types of information:
- personal information collected from travel agents will include the passengers name, address, contact details, passport and visa details and possibly credit card details;
- personal information collected from business contacts includes name, business position, and business telephone and fax numbers and email addresses;
- personal information collected from our employees and contractors includes all information required for the employment or contractual relationship;
Generally, all personal information is collected directly from you, or with your consent, and our policy is to collect only personal information that we need for the particular purpose or arranging your holiday on your behalf.
Island Explorer Holidays collects personal information in order to provide our customers with our products or services including flights, accommodation, tours, car hire and diving products, in order to manage our relationship with our customers and with the people we do business with.
In relation to our customers, Island Explorer Holidays may also request information about you in order to help you decide which of our products or services would best suit your requirements including age, fitness ability and personal interests.
We will not collect sensitive information about you (such as details of your race, political beliefs, religion or health) without your consent.
2. How is Personal Information used?
The personal information collected from you by Island Explorer Holidays is used:
- to provide our customers with our products or services and to notify our customers about existing or new Island Explorer Holidays products or services or promotions from time to time; and
- for other business purposes including advising names and reservations details to Island Explorer Holidays Service Providers eg Accommodation.
If at any time you no longer wish to be notified about new Island Explorer Holidays products or services or promotions, please let us know by contacting the Privacy Officer (contact details are set out at 7 (Contacting Island Explorer Holidays below).
3.Will Personal Information be given to anyone else?
In the circumstances described below, personal information may be disclosed outside Island Explorer Holidays.
Personal information collected by Island Explorer Holidays may be disclosed to third parties to whom Island Explorer Holidays contracts out specialised functions (including accommodation properties, tour operators and airlines. If Island Explorer Holidays does disclose personal information to third party contractors under outsourcing or contracting arrangements, Island Explorer Holidays takes steps to ensure that those contractors:
- comply with the NPPs when they handle your personal information; and
- are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by Island Explorer Holidays.
3.2 Disclosures required by law
For legal reasons, other disclosures may need to be made to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisors or in accordance with other laws. [For example, the Corporations Act 2001 requires personal information about members of a company to be available for inspection in the company’s register.]
3.3 Other disclosures
Island Explorer Holidays does not sell, rent or trade personal information to or with third parties.
4. Access and correction
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information which Island Explorer Holidays holds about you (although there are some exceptions to this). You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you wish to exercise your right under the Privacy Act to seek access to the personal information that Island Explorer Holidays holds about you, we ask that you contact Island Explorer Holidays Privacy Officer (details at point 7 (Contacting Island Explorer Holidays below), who will explain how Island Explorer Holidays will handle your access request.
We will assume (unless you tell us otherwise) that your request for access relates to our current records about you. These current records include personal information about you which is included in our databases and in paper files, and which may be used by Island Explorer Holidays on a day to day basis.
To provide you with access to this personal information, Island Explorer Holidays would ordinarily provide you with a print-out of the relevant personal information from our databases, or with photocopies of records which are held only on paper files. If personal information about you (for example, your name & address details) is duplicated across different databases, we will generally provide you with one printout of this information only. Ordinarily, Island Explorer Holidays will not charge you for the cost of providing this type of access to these records.
For legal and administrative reasons, Island Explorer Holidays may also store records containing personal information in its archives. You may seek access to the records held by Island Explorer Holidays which are not current records, [but if you do so, we may charge you for the cost of providing access].
If you are of the view that personal information about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, please provide Island Explorer Holidays Privacy Officer with your request for correction (contact details are set out at 7 (Contacting Island Explorer Holidays below). Island Explorer Holidays policy is to consider any requests for correction in a timely way.
5. Is Personal Information stored safely?
Island Explorer Holidays takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Our IT systems are password protected and comply with our security standards, and if personal information is held on paper files, it is stored in locked compactuses. Island Explorer Holidays only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel.
6. Online privacy
This privacy statement outlines Island Explorer Holidays approach to all personal information we handle, whether collected online or offline. However, particular issues that arise in the online environment are noted below.
Sometimes our website contains links to other websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a website other than www.islandexplorer.com.au please understand that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. You may wish to review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
7.Contacting Island Explorer Holidays
- by telephone + 61 8 9 321 5444;
- by facsimile + 61 8 9 321 5433;
- by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by letter PO Box 959 West Perth, Australia WA 6872.
All corporate entities to whom this policy applies include:
Island Explorer Holidays Pty Ltd and Christmas Island Travel Pty Ltd